The Silmarillion to music

A few years ago I thought "What if you put background music in The Silmarillion audiobook?". I started whatever software I used back then and put the first three minutes of The Silmarillion and the track "The Burning Bush" from the movie The Prince of Egypt together. I did this all out of curiosity and did not expect it to be good but I was quite amazed by the result, so now I listen to it every once in awhile because it is so pleasing.

A few months ago I uploaded the file to Youtube so feel free to listen. Martin Shaw is the reader of the version of the audiobook that I used.



This has made me think that I should perhaps try the same thing with other parts of The Silmarillion and other of Tolkien's works, the music adds to the atmosphere in the story in a way that I could not have imagined when I first had the thought. This was probably somewhat of a lucky shot though and the next time I do something similar it will probably require more effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wouldn't want Tom Bombadil in the movie

Tom Bombadil, illustrated by Tim and Greg Hildebrandt Although Tom Bombadil does not appear in Peter Jackson's or Ralph Bakshi'...